1800Flowers is hiring right now for a temporary call center position through Valentines Day. They are a great company to work for and often hire their permanent employees from their temporary ones. Here is the infor from their website.
Successful candidates will meet the following qualifications:
- Must be a resident and live in the following states: Arizona, Delaware, Florida, Illinois ,Montana, New Hampshire New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Texas, Oregon, and Virginia
- Highly PC literate and have their own PC with a reliable high-speed Internet connection
- Ability to type 35 words per minute is essential
- Prior call center experience strongly preferred
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older and have a high school diploma or GED to apply
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required. Fundamental math skills required
- Strong sales skills
- Highly motivated and dependable
- Internet Connection:
- Cable or DSL provider (No Wireless or Satellite), VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) compatible.
- Minimum up load speed: 500 kbps
- Minimum download speed: 1.5 mbps
- Computer Hardware:
- 1.8 GHZ Processor ( minimum of a Pentium 4 processor or equivalent processor)
- 1 GB of RAM
- Sound card with speakers
- 17″ Flat Panel Display recommended (capable of 1280 x 1024), 15″ minimum
- Telephone Requirement:
- Dedicated telephone line with the ability to disable features such as call waiting, forwarding, etc. No cellular/wireless phones are permitted.
- Digital Telephones & VoIP Telephones are permitted as your alternate telephone lines. Services such as Magic Jack that connect through a USB port are not permitted.
- A corded telephone with headset capability. Must be a corded traditional telephone. No cordless telephone allowed.
- Headsets Requirement:
- USB headset (PC compatible) with a built-in digital signal processor has a noise-cancelling microphone
- You will also need a good quality telephone headset compatible with your land line telephone.
- Computer Software:
- Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7 Operating system
- Internet Explorer 6.0 or above
- Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Word and Excel WinZip, Adobe Acrobat reader. – Free download available on the Web
- Antivirus Software: Valid software with current and updated virus definitions
- AIM: Free download available at http://www.aim.com
- A personal email account with a professional user name.
- Office Furniture: A sturdy desk and a comfortable sturdy chair at a comfortable height with adequate back support. (5 legged chair highly recommended)
- Battery Backup: UPS/Battery Power Supply including surge
- Your workstation must be in a private, quiet area away from others in your residence and background noise.
Click here to begin the screening process.
Join the Telecommuting Moms newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.