Image via CrunchBase
Higher One is one of the many virtual call center companies that we have discussed here on Telecommuting Moms. Currently they are hiring seasonal customer service reps who will take incoming phone calls and respond to email requests. They are currently only hiring in CO, CT, FL, WA and TX. Here are more details about the position.
Paid training classes will start July 26th, 2010. This position will last approximately through the mid to end of October 2010, depending on our call volume.
We are seeking experienced Customer Service Representatives for a Part-Time, Seasonal assignment. The hours that we have available are Monday through Friday, between 8am-8pm EST, between 15-30 hours per week.
The CS Home Reps must have a landline phone with an unlimited long distance plan. Higher One will reimburse $30.00 each month for unlimited long distance telephone service for all active home based customer service representatives.
This person will work from home and must meet the following requirements at the time of application:
* 1 to 3 years experience in customer service and/or data entry experience required.
* Good listening skills required.
* Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Must have a professional phone manner and ability to handle customer complaint calls.
* Previous experience working in a bank and/or call center is helpful.
* Bilingual/Spanish speaking a plus.
* A reliable personal computer (must be a PC, not a Mac), a landline phone, and a headset.
* Windows XP SP2 or higher, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 Home Premium or higher.
* Windows must be up to date with all security patches applicable to service pack level.
* Internet Explorer 7 or higher.
* Broadband internet access (Cable, DSL, or Verizon FIOS only).
* All agents will be required to install a VPN client provided by Higher One.
* All agents will be required to install a computer configuration scanning client provided by Higher One.
* Approved Antivirus Software (a list will be provided) with current virus definitions, current Antivirus subscription, and regularly scheduled scans.
* Higher One recommends agents also run a current anti-spyware software
* Must have the ability to connect to your home router or modem with a network cable.
* A quiet work area without background noise and interruptions (ex. pet noises and personal interruptions).
* Ability to be on the Internet and a landline phone call simultaneously.
* Ability to pass a credit and background check.
* Must be at least 18 years of age.
* Must have a High School diploma, GED or equivalent.
* Must be able to work at least 15 hours per week between the hours of 8am and 8pm EST.
* Must be eligible to work in the United States.
***Pay scale is between $10 and $12 to start
***Pre-employment background and credit check are required. Applicant must not have past due or collection items including charge offs, judgments or liens. Bankruptcy items are excluded.
Visit their website here to apply.
Join the Telecommuting Moms newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.