Looking for a virtual call center company to work with? Work from home with OnPoint.
Who is OnPoint?
OnPoint@Home is the work-at-home division of DDC Public Affairs. OnPoint is a grassroots communications firm that develops strategies on behalf of their clients to engage and educate the American public on issues that affect their lives. OnPoint is a bipartisan firm that works on a range of business-oriented issues, ranging anywhere from energy to health care.
What will I be doing working for OnPoint?
OnPoint basically operates as a virtual call center company. The work from home position they hire for is called an advocacy coordinator. Because agents working for OnPoint sign a nondisclosure agreement, there is not a lot of information out there on this position. I have heard it is outgoing phone calls but no sales involved. Every Advocacy Coordinator has the flexibility to set his or her own schedule depending on the needs of the project and calling times available. A minimum of 25 hours per week is requested.
How do I get hired with OnPoint?
- An Advocacy Coordinator must have strong communication skills, both verbal and written communication. The Advocacy Coordinator must have a professional and courteous phone manner, with the ability to simplify complex issues so that they are easily understood.
- Additionally, an Advocacy Coordinator must be a competent write who can accurately convey, in writing, the information provided by advocates. The Advocacy Coordinator must have the ability to write grammatically correct with solid sentence structure, accurate punctuation usage, including comma usage, and basic composition skills.
An Advocacy Coordinator must be competent in operating computer programs. Including but not limited to:
- Word processing program (such as MS Word)
- Audio files
- Web browsers (such as Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome).
- Instant Messaging
- Data Entry
- Adjusting Computer Speakers
- Using a Headset
- General Computer Technology
You can check for openings and apply at the OnPoint opportunities page.
Join the Telecommuting Moms newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.