The Active Network is currently hiring for work from home reservations agents. YOu do need to live in certain states in order to qualify however. The job posting listed below is the one posted for New York as an example but they are hiring for the states of New York, Kentucky, Rhode Island, Idaho, New Hampshire, Louisiana, California, South Carolina, Florida, Wisconsin and Mississippi. Do a job search on their website for all customer service positions in North America here.
This is a legitimate part time, seasonal home based position working for the world’s leading recreation reservation company. We are rapidly growing and interested in finding talented individuals capable of providing world class service, and enriching our team. We offer a very flexible and fun work environment, and use state of the art technology. Be part of the latest trend in call center work! Incumbent works as a work-at-home (WAH) telephone sales representative accepting reservation requests. Provides quality customer service and ensures quality reservations while meeting the needs of telephone customers. Ensures customers are provided effective alternatives when the customer’s first choice is not available.
Must have at least 25 hours of availability per week. Must also be available to work Mondays, Fridays, and Saturdays or Sundays. Candidate may or may not be scheduled to work on all of the listed required days, but must be available to work on those days when needed.
RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, other duties may be assigned:
• Assist customers with making reservations by telephone – system provided
• Be on time for your shift
• Maintain productivity goals
• Follow schedule guidelines and policies
• Excellent communication skills- will be communicating remotely with supervisors by phone, email and IM
• Must be proficient in email and IM
• Be organized and self motivated
• Demonstrate the ability to find and enter information in a quick and efficient manner on all parks, areas and services through use of a headset, adequate communication and a browser based reservation system.
• Maintain control of phone conversations, moving the customers politely along while maintaining a professional and pleasant level of customer service.
• Participate in cross training opportunities, as business needs dictate. Seek immediate help from staff when necessary to ensure customer satisfaction.
QUALIFICATIONS – To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Ability to use a personal computer, keyboard, mouse, and a Windows operating system and ability to understand some technical terminology.
• Experience with camping highly preferred.
• Incumbent must have worked using a computer in the past with a minimum typing skill of 20 to 30 wpm.
• Be a resident of New York.
• Have a PC that meets minimum requirements (see below).
• Have a high speed internet connection (Cable Internet Preferred) that is not wireless.
• Windows XP or Vista only.
• 512 of physical memory.
• Current up to date Anti-Virus package.
• Processor speed exceeding 2.2 GHz.
• Adobe 7.0 or higher.
• Updated Java.
• Flash version 7 or higher.
• Must be familiar with Microsoft Word and Excel and must have them installed on computer.
• Must know where to bring the computer if an issue arises that is not a ReserveAmerica issue.
• Version 6.0 of Internet Explorer.
• A phone line that is a landline.
Don't let this great opportunity to work with a dynamic and energetic group of individuals pass you by, please apply now! Be sure to include salary history in your cover letter. ReserveAmerica is proud to be and EEO/AAP employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Visit the website here to apply.
Join the Telecommuting Moms newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.