Image via WikipediaAsk.com is currently hiring community moderators to work from home. This is a great part time position for thos looking to get more involved in social media.
We are looking for a passionate motivated social media fans to work on efforts developing and fostering Ask.com’s user community. The Ask moderators will be active and vocal participants inside and outside of Ask, spurring conversations, listening, informing, connecting, and generally making the Ask community a great place. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are vital to the success of this position, a sense of decorum, and a level head.
This is a part-time position, primarily evenings & weekends.
* Review content submitted for moderation and ensure that it meets community guidelines
* Prepare internal reports on daily community activity
* Serve as an internal voice of Ask to our user community, reinforcing a high quality user experience
* Work through a wide variety of channels to maintain public points of contact with users
* Identify and engage key users
* Engaging users on a personal level while scaling for high volume of contacts
* Designated Ask user community advocate, soliciting product feedback and addressing questions/concerns
* Compile user feedback and serve directly back to the product/marketing teams to help build more effective initiatives
* Escalate ideas, issues, concerns and insights to the Director of Community
* Engage Ask’s most passionate users to develop a more engaged user community
* Able to resolve user concerns with maturity and poise
* Stay currentt with emerging trends and social media tools
* Passion for communicating with and meeting people
* Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and interpersonal skills)
* Someone who can work both independently and as a strong contributor to a team
* Able to balance the needs of the community with the needs of the business
* Extensive engagement in and understanding of online social networks
* 1-2 years experience, preferably in community moderation and/or social media
* Must be proficient in MS Office suite program
* Interest in a wide variety of subject matter
* Ability to work quickly & efficiently, at a high degree of quality
* Must be able to work evenings and weekends.
Location: Work from home; telecommute
View the position here to apply.