Finding work at home jobs shouldn’t wear you out. With the advances in technology, it’s possible to find jobs that you can do right from the comfort of your own home, without ever actually having to leave your home. If one of your dreams has always been to work for Disney, there are options available right now for Disney work from home reservations.
If you are intrigued, read on about how you can apply for this remote Disney job! For those interested, there are also other opportunities for you on how to work for Disney from home.
Disney Work From Home Reservations with Academy Travel
Academy Travel is no stranger to the Disney world. In fact, they’ve been around for over 20 years with the simple goal of making travel to Disney easy and fun. Academy Travel is designated by Walt Disney Travel Company as a platinum earmarked travel agency meaning that they know their Disney vacations! The company focuses on selling Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland California, Adventures by Disney, and Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa vacations.
If it excites you and motivates you to think about helping families reserve and plan their vacations to the most magical place on Earth, applying for a Disney work from home reservations position may be exactly what you’ve been searching for. Not only do they know how to plan a great trip, but Academy travel is an officially authorized contractor for Disney parks and cruises.
What Should You Consider a Disney Work From Home Reservations Job?
The great part about working with Academy Travel is that there is no experience required. In fact, they provide all the training to you that they expect to be done for the job. Academy Travel cares about offering their customers the best vacation options available that they require all the Disney work from home reservation employees to take an online course and pass to show that they are knowledgeable in the position.
Academy Travel also offers support to their employees, even when they work from home! There are online guides available for researching and reading as well as access to a Manager to converse and ask questions to as well.
Depending on what type of workload you are wanting, your Disney work from home reservations job can either be part-time or full-time. The more that you want to earn, the more that you can work! This makes this position not only a great paying job but very flexible as well.
What Are The Benefits of a Disney Work From Home Reservations Job with Academy Travel?
- No start-up, set-up, or monthly fees (An agency should not charge you to work for them!)
- Top tier supplier commission at 16% for Adventures by Disney and Disney Cruise Line
- Walt Disney World and Disneyland highest tier is standard at 10%
- Highest travel agent commission levels up to 90% with no fees
- Travel Industry Product & Sales Training
- Access to Disney’s College of Knowledge Program and ongoing training (No Costs)
- Unlimited Sales and Marketing Support
- Unlimited 24/7 Access to Agent Only online portal
- Ongoing Training Programs
- Conference Calls
- Booking Tools
- Monthly Webinars with your Academy Travel Sales and Marketing Manager
- Conference Calls and Webinars with Disney Sales Managers and other Industry Experts
- Academy Travel Sale and Marketing Guide
- Travel Agent Tutorials
- Access to On-Site Training*
- Exclusive private FAM Trips and special events for agents and families*
- Exclusive Private AEPs for agents to Walt Disney World, Disneyland California, Disney Cruise Line, Adventures by Disney and more*
- Access To On-Site Training
- runDisney allotments and sales tools
- Rewards programs
- Incentive programs for agents to win Disney Vacations
- Co-branded logos for business cards and collateral
- Private agent only chat group
- Custom Booking Tools
- CLIA and IATA Travel Credentials and Travel ID Card for discounted industry Travel Rates*
- Custom Co-Branded Individual Agent Website**
How Do Start Working With Academy Travel?
Requirements as listed on their website include:
- A clear & friendly, professional & articulate email and phone manner.
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks
- A strong desire to succeed in a sales-oriented, fast-paced environment.
- Must have visited and stayed on Disney property a minimum of 3 times in the past 5 years.
- Must be able to visit a Disney Destination at least every 18 months
- a love of Disney!
How much money can you earn at a Disney Work from Home Reservations Job?
You will receive 60% of the total agency commission. To some, this can be a bit confusing to process but the easiest way to look at it would be to use this example: If the agency (Academy Travel) is paid a 10% commission for booking a $4,000 family vacation, then you as the reservation agent working from home would receive 60% as your pay, totaling $240. It’s important to keep in mind that your earned commission checks will be sent to you after the travel vacation has been completed. Again, this is where it comes back to how much and how hard you are wanting to work. The more that you can work and reserve, the more money that you’ll earn in commissions.
It is important to understand how this position pays and evaluate if you can afford to work in a commission based position. If this is not a great fit for you and you need something that pays a consistent weekly or bi-weekly paycheck based on the number of hours you work then you may want to check out more of the companies in the Work at Home Companies page. Positions such as this one can often make you more money in the long run when you are not limited to an hourly wage but it might take a while to build up that income so that is something to think about.
Even though you will be performing Disney work from home reservations on behalf of Academy Travel, you are not considered an actual employee of theirs. Instead, you will be classified as an independent contractor and will be expected to manage and file your own taxes. Remember this means evaluating if you need to pay estimated taxes throughout the year and filling out your taxes as self-employed. This does not necessarily mean that you need to set up a business however as you can often operate as a sole proprietor under your own name and social security number. Check with your specific state laws and regulations though.
One big benefit of working with Academy Travel is that you do get discount options for your future travel needs! Plus, if you do decide to work as an independent contractor with Academy Travel, there are no monthly fees or start-up costs associated with their positions at all. Putting that extra cash you will be making towards that next big family vacation at a discount sounds like a great idea to me!
If you’ve been wanting to work from home and have been searching for ways to make it happen, give this Disney work from home reservations job a closer look and see if it’s a good fit for you and your working needs! You can apply for this position on the Academy Travel website.
Grab Your Free Copy of my Ebook
“Top 7 Legitimate Work from Home Jobs”
as a thank you for subscribing to the Telecommuting Moms newsletter.