Last week we started our “Extra Cash for the Holidays” series talking about money making apps that can help you earn some extra spending money for the holidays. For those of you who may need more than what those could possibly earn you in the next month or so, another possibility is taking on a seasonal work from home job. The companies below normally hire every holiday season for seasonal work-at-home positions. There is no guarantee that they are currently hiring however. All of these positions require you to already have high-speed interent.
- 1800Flowers– This flower and gift delivery company hires seasonally for customer service agents to take incoming phone calls from customers calling to place orders or check on an order. Pay is usually around $9 an hour.
- Teleflora– Another flower and gift service, this company also hires for virtual agents to help them get through the busy season. Pay is between $8 and $10 an hour plus possible commission.
- Amazon- This popular holiday shopping website hires seasonally for customer service agents within certain states. Customer service agents assist customers with any issues regarding order placement via phone, email, or chat.
- Alpine Access– This virtual call center company contracts with a wide variety of companies that may need your help this holiday season. Pay varies based on which client you are assigned to but if you enjoy the work, this company sometimes brings on seasonal help more permanently after the holidays or may keep in touch with you for other season opportunities.
- Groupon– Part-time seasonal work from home positions with Groupon require agents to handle customer questions via phone or email. The positions range from 30 to 40 hours a week and usually run through January.
- VIPDesk-This virtual call center company hires home based brand ambassadors with one of their top clients being Eddie Bauer. The hourly rate starts at $9 an hour with some programs offer commission.
- Apple– Apple hires At-Home Advisors to handle customer troubleshooting and technical support via phone, email or chat. Some years they hire seasonally for these positions to assist during the busy holiday season. Agents must have previous technical support experience.
- Convergys– Another virtual call center that offers occasional seasonal opportunities based on their client needs.
- Teletech– This company usually offers seasonal customer service positions as well as team lead and supervisor quality assurance positions for this with past experience.
- Sutherland– This company is now in charge of handling the seasonal handling for 1800Flowers but they also handle hiring seasonally for other companies as well so check their website for other positions.
- Williams Sonoma– This popular holiday shopping destination hires seasonal customer service representatives if you can attend on-site training in their Oklahoma location.
Join the Telecommuting Moms newsletter
And receive a free copy of my ebooklet "Top 7 Work From Home Jobs"