Good.Co, Inc is an internet company based in San Francisco and they are currently hiring…
Virtual assistant jobs online are a fairly popular work at home job these days. People who have experience in administrative work often find this a great way to transition to working from home. Legitimate virtual assistant jobs are becoming more and more common and Belay Solutions is one company you may want to consider applying with.
What is a Virtual Assistant?
A virtual assistant is someone who work virtually assisting someone else with their business. It is very similar to an administrative assistant except you do not work in an office. Some virtual assistants work as general virtual assistants and take on a wide variety of tasks while others might specialize in something such as social media virtual assistant. There are many different ways you can find legitimate virtual assistant jobs so be sure to check out our blog post on virtual assistant jobs online with over 20 companies listed that hire for these positions.
Are Legitimate Virtual Assistant Jobs Real?
Yes there are several different ways you can start a virtual assistant career including applying with one of the many companies that hire online, subcontracting for someone else, or starting your own VA business. These are all legitimate options with pros and cons to each. As with most things though, there are scams out there that imitate these types of companies to try to get your money. Don’t fall for a work from home scam by learning how to detect one on our scams page.
If you think becoming a virtual assistant sounds like the perfect work at home job to you but you have no administrative work experience you may want to check out this inspiring post on 30 Days or Less to Virtual Assistant Success.
Who is Belay Solutions?
Established in 2010 by Bryan and Shannon Miles, the company is a Christian and family based company. Originally called the Miles Advisory Group, they eventually added to the company with MAG Bookkeeping, copywriting services, and web support services. In 2017 they combined these businesses under the name Belay. Now they support clients with executive assistants, bookkeepers, and web specialists. The company hires for all of these positions but right now we will focus on the virtual assistant jobs.
Here is some other information about the company;
- Entrepreneur Magazine ranked BELAY the number one in Best Culture for Small-Sized Companies and the Top Company Culture for a Small Business Award for having a “productive” and “high-performance” culture.
- Recognized by Inc. Magazine as one of the Fastest Growing Companies in the United States in 2015.
- Received the ‘When Work Works’ Award from the Society of Human Resource Management, recognizing “companies that offer effective and flexible workplace strategies, empowering their organization to rise above the competition.”
- Atlanta Business Chronicle (BELAY’s headquarters) named BELAY one of the “Best Places to Work.”
How Do I Get Hired For Legitimate Virtual Assistant Jobs?
You can find all current jobs on the BELAY job site. After clicking on the job you can read through the job description and qualifications. Below is the information from the website for the current virtual assistant position. At the bottom of each job description there is an “apply” button if you wish to begin the application process.
- Maintain executive’s appointments/calendar.
- Email management and organization.
- Prepare presentations and/or spreadsheets.
- Social Media management.
- Create structure/workflow/processes.
- Research technologies and make recommendations.
- CRM administration: updates and data entry.
- Make travel arrangements, such as booking flights, cars, and making hotel and restaurant reservations.
- Event planning and coordination.
- Project Assistance/Coordination.
- Detail-oriented, organized and efficient.
- Extremely self-motivated with strong time management.
- Proactive, pragmatic, and resourceful problem solver.
- Trustworthy and reliable.
- Friendly and professional communicator.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet or beat deadlines with no errors.
- Tech savvy and quick to learn new concepts.
- Ability to anticipate the needs of others coupled with a strong desire to serve.
- Bachelor’s Degree and experience working remotely preferred.
- Available daily (Mon-Fri) during business hours, and able to dedicate at least 20 hours/week.
- At least five years’ experience in an administrative support role.
- In-home office setup including Mac or PC Computer (including webcam) with minimum 1.0ghz dual-core processor, 8gb, and the most recent version of MS Office installed (all programs; Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- A fast and reliable internet connection.
- Smartphone with email capabilities.
- Designated professional, quiet space.
- This is a 1099 contractor role.
- You MUST be available during regular business hours. This is not a job that can be partnered with your other full-time job. No evening hours.
- All applicants may be subject to a background check prior to an offer of employment or contract being issued.
- BELAY participates in E-Verify.
Don’t think legitimate virtual assistant jobs are a good fit for you? You can find a wide variety of other options on our work at home companies page.
This blog post may contain affiliate links but we never recommend products or services we have not researched and do not truly believe in.
Grab Your Free Copy of my Ebook
“Top 7 Legitimate Work from Home Jobs”
as a thank you for subscribing to the Telecommuting Moms newsletter.