Working from home can be a lifesaver for all kinds of different people but as many of you know, I try to focus on work from home jobs for moms. Some of the easiest remote jobs to get are the call center jobs but those often are not a good fit for stay at home moms because of the need for a quiet background. For this reason text chat operator jobs from home can be a great option.
What are Text Chat Operator Jobs From Home?
Most of these positions are customer service based jobs similar to virtual call center jobs but they require no phone calls. Instead you are helping customers out through a chat based system where you can answer questions or help them resolve problems through chat.
These types of jobs are becoming more and more common. If you have noticed many different websites now have a chat option available for customers to use while on their site. If you are like me and hate getting on the phone with noisy kids in the background I use the chat feature on a website whenever possible. Often times you can get a response quicker and without having to talk to anyone (for all of you introverts out there). For these reasons I wouldn’t be surprised if these types of work from home positions become more and more common.
Most of the companies that hire for these positions require you to have previous customer service experience, a computer, high speed internet, be able to communicate clearly, be friendly, and have a decent typing speed. For specific requirements check with each company.
What Companies Hire for Text Chat Operator Jobs From Home Positions?
- Ginger.io offers around the clock care for people suffering from anxiety and depression. The company hires those with a degree in the mental health field to chat to those in need.
- Capital Typing– This company hires for transcriptionists and writers frequently but they also occasionally hire for chat jobs.
- Apple Work at Home Jobs– Work as an At-Home Advisor giving assistance to iTunes users through chat. Pay varies based on experience.
- Work from Home for Support.com– This company hires for sales positions to work from home but also occasionally hires for tech chat positions. Some previous technical experience is required.
- SiteStaff hires for chat host positions. They assign you to different clients so the position varies a little based on which client you are assigned to. Pay is around $10 an hour.
- Work at home online chat agent with Needle- Assist shoppers through chat. This company used to pay hourly but now pays by points redeemable for Visa gift cards.
- Best Buy occasionally hires for chat positions. This is more of a tech support position and you must have previous tech support experience for these text chat operator jobs from home.
- The Chat Shop provides chat based customer service for large companies. You must be able to work 20-40 hours per week
- LiveSalesStaff hires for chat based customer service positions. Email the hr email address on their website for more information.
- Sedgwick hires for an email support position so this one is a little different than the other text chat operator jobs from home but still does not require phone work.
- LiveWorld hires for multiple types of work from home positions. Some of their customer service positions can be chat based or may be more social media messaging based.
- ModSquad is a company that specializes in digital engagement. Their digital engagement specialist position includes online chat or moderating communities.
- LivePerson hires for some customer service based positions that are phone based and others may be more chat based.
- Outplex hires for sales and customer service based chat positions occasionally
If you need a non-phone based work from home job these text chat operator jobs from home options are a great place to try especially if you love chatting with people and helping them resolve issues.
Grab Your Free Copy of my Ebook
“Top 7 Legitimate Work from Home Jobs”
as a thank you for subscribing to the Telecommuting Moms newsletter.