Need a telecommuting position? Williams Sonoma work from home positions as virtual customer service agent might be a great fit for you. Work from home virtual call center companies like this hire agents to answer incoming phone calls routed to your home. Williams-Sonoma is such a fun store and helping customers find items they love, helping them place orders, or giving them assistance with their orders might be a great work at home job for you.
What is Williams Sonoma?
I am sure most of you are familiar with the Williams Sonoma company but for those who may not be, they are an American based retail company that sells kitchenwares and home furnishings. Williams-Sonoma Inc. operates more than 600 retail stores internationally with brands including Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, PBteen, Williams-Sonoma, Williams-Sonoma Home, West Elm, Mark and Graham, and Rejuvenation. Williams-Sonoma Inc. also operates through eight corresponding websites and is one of the largest ecommerce retailers in the US.
Is This Job For Me?
Do you love talking on the phone and are also a big fan of Williams Sonoma? Then this Williams Sonoma work from home position might be perfect for you. Not sure what a virtual call center agent does? Basically you help customers who are calling Williams Sonoma. T
his might include helping them place on online order, helping them with a return, or answering questions customers might have. Customers do not know their calls are routed to your home so you do need to have a quiet work background. You are usually required to commit to working certain shifts so this might not be the perfect position for moms who need a work from home position where you can hop on and off during nap times or work in short spurts.
If it is not a good fit for you, feel free to visit our work at home companies page for some other ideas. If you think it might be the job for you then read on to find out more about Williams Sonoma work from home jobs.
Would you love to work with a high-end retailer providing customer service? This company hires both seasonal and long-term customer care reps to work from home providing both web and catalog order placements. For now at least, the company only hires for these positions in Texas because some training is on-site so you must live close enough to attend the trainings in order to be hired.
If you have a high school diploma or GED, 2 years of previous sales or customer service experience, working computer knowledge, and good data entry skills then this position might be for you. Customer service agents answer incoming phone calls regarding catalog sales and customer service issues. Pay starts around $11 an hour.
Medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, paid holidays, and 401(k) are included as benefits. Most companies that hire virtual call center agents bring them on as independent contractors without benefits so Williams Sonoma work from home jobs are a great option for those wanting to work from home but still needing benefits. This also means that taxes will be taken out of your paycheck so you don’t need to worry about having to estimate tax payments or filing as self employed at the end of the year.
Williams Sonoma Work From Home Duties & Responsibilities:
- Process customer orders while communicating all essential elements of the sales script to ensure exemplary customer service and call quality
- Extend specials to telephone customers
- Address customer questions and concerns regarding product and delivery information
- Cross sell for maximum customer/company benefit
- Tactfully negotiate and appease customers using a variety of methods established by Williams-Sonoma, Inc. guidelines
- Check inventory database and issue replacements and/or credit customers for damaged/defective merchandise
- Perform other duties as assigned
Williams Sonoma Work from Home Requirements:
- A Home Computer with an Operating System – Windows 7, Windows 8, or Macintosh OS X (10.5) and higher Operating systems
- Minimum Processor Speed of 2.5 GHz (2500 MHz) and a minimum RAM of 2 GB
- 500 MB minimum free disk space
- Sound Card with Speakers
- 17” or larger color monitor capable of displaying a resolution of 1024 x 768
- Headset compatible with your phone and connected to the phone
- Single line, corded telephone (cordless not acceptable)
- Basic telephone line, no caller ID
- On occasion, work-from-home associates may have to come into the building with advance notice
If you do not have all of the above required wait until you are interviewed and hired before purchasing any of the necessary equipment.
How To Get Hired With Williams-Sonoma
You can apply on the company website. If you do not find any work from home positions, check back often as they will re-post when hiring again. For other positions similar to this you can try FlexJobs. Every job listing is hand screened and 100% verified. You can also sign up to be on our email list to receive weekly work at home job updates.
This post may contain affiliate links but I only share work from home information I believe valuable to my readers.