Here are this week’s work at home job leads. Click on the links to visit…
Have a specific background in accounting and bookkeeping and in search of work at home job? Find out what work from home accounting jobs are available to you. If your background isn’t in this field you can find other companies that hire on the work at home companies page.
Many times, stay-at-home moms begin their search for a work from home job with a very specific career background. For those who already have experience and knowledge in a certain industry, it is easier to find a work from home job to match those experiences instead of finding work in a new industry.
These types of jobs that only hire people with a certain work background usually pay more than entry level telecommuting jobs as well. There are really three different options when you begin your search for work from home accounting jobs. You can persuade your current boss to let you telecommute, you can start an accounting business from home, or you can apply with one of the established companies that hires telecommuters.
Work From Home Accounting Jobs Option 1: Persuade Your Boss To Let You Work From Home
To begin with, many traditional companies are now open to hiring telecommuting employees. If you have a job with a local company or have worked with a local company in the past and for whatever reason now need to work from home, you may want to begin your search by contacting those companies and discussing whether or not they would be interested in working with you as a telecommuting employee or freelancer.
Be prepared to present a plan including statistics on working from home, examples on how it can save your employer money, and a plan for accountability.Work from home accounting jobs are becoming the norm because employers are realizing that not only does it save them money but work at home employees often work more efficiently.
Work From Home Accounting Jobs Option 2: Start Your Own Accounting Business
Starting your own accounting business from home may also be an option you want to look into if you feel you have the business contacts to gain clients. This would allow you more freedom but no guaranteed income. Decide which services to offer and research others in the area that offer similar services and how much they charge for those services. Register your business and check with your specific state to see what the requirements are. Come up with a business and marketing plan, register a domain name, and begin trying to reach clients. If you decide to go this route I highly recommend Learntobeabookkeeper.com
and right now they are offering a free three part video series class.
Work from home accounting jobs where you start your own business offer the biggest bang for your buck as far as how much you can possibly earn. While telecommuting for your current company or finding a company that hires telecommuters is a great option, nothing will offer the opportunity for income growth like starting your own business.
With your other options you will be limited to hourly pay or salary income while starting your own business offers the chance for unlimited growth. On the downside there is no guaranteed income like with a traditional work from home job. This means when going into making this decision you need to evaluate your financial situation to see what the best fit for you is. Can you afford to slowly grow a business over time with limited income at first while you grow your business but the opportunity to make more money in the long run or do you need the consistent income of a salaried job?
Work at Home Accounting Jobs Option 3: Search Online For Work At Home Jobs
If you have no contacts within the accounting industry or your past employers are not interested in working with telecommuters, you can begin your work at home accounting career with established companies that hire telecommuters. FlexJobs is a great place to find work from home jobs in this category and others as they have hundreds of pre-screened work from home job listings.. No luck searching online? Check out the companies below that hire regularly for work at home accounting jobs as well as bookkeeping positions.
- CorpTax– Provides business, legal, tax, and digital brand services. Some of their positions are remote so if you do not see any remote job openings at this time check back soon.
- Intuit -Hires seasonal tax support specialists to work remotely. Some of their positions are remote so if you do not see any remote job openings at this time check back soon.
- PWC– Offers various services to public, private, and non-profit businesses. Some of their positions are remote so if you do not see any remote job postings at this time check back soon.
- SmartBooks-Works with mostly small business owners. All of their positions can work remotely.
- Bateman & Company-A Houston based accounting form that hires for part-time work from home accounting jobs Must have three years previous experience.
- Bookminders-Works with small businesses and non-profits. Hires for work from home accounting jobs that are both part-time and full-time. Five years of experience is required.
- Click Accounts-Hires occasionally for work from home accounting jobs and bookkeeping jobs
- AccountingDepartment.com-Hires both for work from home accounting jobs and work from home bookkeeping jobs. Accounting positions must have five years previous experience and bookkeepers need two years of experience.
- Accounting Fly– This website connects potential employers with potential employees and shares remote accounting jobs
- Paro Network-This is a great option for accounting professionals that want to work from home but don’t want to have to run the business side of things or market their business.
- Belay– This company is a type of hiring agency that matched up people with clients. It is for bookkeepers and virtual assistants mostly.
- Work From Home Bookkeeping With Supporting Strategies- This is a bookkeeping franchise basically and they hire bookkeepers to work from home
- CPA Moms-This company specializes in finding experienced accounting moms and matching them with clients.
- Assurance Financial Management-Hires independent contractors to work from home and provides training and support.
Tips on Getting Work at Home Accounting Jobs
- Get certified with Quickbooks– This is a great way to grow and learn and prove to potential employers that you have learned the software. It is free and it is much easier to get these types of jobs when you have some certifications
- Get certified with Xero Advisor– This is another popular accounting software that employees love to see that you are certified in.
This post contains some affiliate links which means I may receive compensation if you make a purchase using these links.
Grab Your Free Copy of my Ebook
“Top 7 Legitimate Work from Home Jobs”
as a thank you for subscribing to the Telecommuting Moms newsletter.