If you have a specific background in the field of accounting or bookkeeping there are work at home jobs that would be a good fit for you. There are multiple ways you can find work from home accounting jobs even for those that do not have experience. Work from home bookkeeping positions are also a possibility and one of the companies that hire for these positions is Supporting Strategies.
Are There Legitimate Companies That Hire for Work From Home Bookkeeping Positions?
The short answer is yes but be aware that there are plenty of work from home bookkeeping scams out there so be sure to research the company and be aware of what to look for in a work at home scam. For more information you can visit our Work at Home Scams page. If you are interested in what other companies hire for similar positions be sure to visit our post on Work From Home Accounting Jobs.
If you love working with numbers and think that you would love a career working from home as a bookkeeper but have no experience you should definitely check out this free 3 class series on working from home as a virtual bookkeeper.
Who is Supporting Strategies?
Supporting Strategies has provided bookkeeping and operational support services to growing businesses since 2004. Founded with the idea of becoming the go-to resource for outsourced bookkeeping, this Boston based business eventually expanded using a franchise model. They sold their first franchise in 2013. Today, the company has franchises throughout the United States. By offering bookkeeping and accounting professionals the chance to work on a part-time basis from home, the company was able to build a strong, experienced, professional team.
How Do I Get Hired For These Work From Home Bookkeeping Jobs?
Even though their work from home bookkeeping positions are all remote you do need to find the remote position listed on their career site to apply to. For instance if you live in Colorado apply to the appropriate remote bookkeeping position in Colorado. Responsibilities and qualifications for these positions vary a little based on each job posting but below is an example of what they are usually looking for.
The successful candidate will enjoy the following:
- Working with multiple clients, learning their businesses and optimizing their accounting workflow.
- Taking on the occasional shoebox, putting it in order, and setting up clients to be successful on our cloud-based platform.
- Collaborating with the clients’ team, providing support and data to help drive decision making.
- Learning and implementing cutting-edge technology tools to provide each client with the best possible accounting solutions, business processes and efficiencies.
- Being part of the Supporting Strategies’ community of talented colleagues who serve as a resource in answering questions and providing guidance in support of clients.
The qualified candidate must have the following experience and attributes:
- A minimum of an Associate’s degree in in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- 5+ years of demonstrated ability to provide detailed level bookkeeping support – accounts payable, accounts receivable, closing books on a monthly basis, and preparing financial reporting and analysis for small businesses.
- 1+ years of transactional accounting experience using QuickBooks for/in a professional organization.
- Capacity to work 40 hours a week during daytime business hours supporting clients.
- A passion for and sense of personal satisfaction in delighting clients and helping small businesses succeed.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both orally and in writing.
- Willingness to consistently and accurately follow established policies and procedures.
- Confidence in learning and embracing new technology to solve client issues.
- Experience in developing strong remote team relationships based on trust, accountability, integrity, and sharing of best practices.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality while working with client data.
If you don’t meet these qualifications or don’t think a work from home bookkeeping career is a good fit for you make sure you check out our list of over 200 Work at Home Companies to find something that would be a good fit.
This post contains some affiliate links which means I may receive compensation if you make a purchase using these links but I never recommend products or services I do not truly believe in.
Grab Your Free Copy of my Ebook
“Top 7 Legitimate Work from Home Jobs”
as a thank you for subscribing to the Telecommuting Moms newsletter.