Work from home chat jobs are very popular throughout the remote job world because they usually just require some customer service background experience, they are non-phone positions, and usually offer somewhat of a flexible schedule. Camping World is one of the companies that hires for these types of positions. For other similar jobs visit our Text Chat Operator Jobs From Home blog post.
Who is Camping World?
Camping World an outdoor lifestyle retailer. The company was founded in 1966 and has since become well-known for helping you fill your camping, boating, hunting, fishing,and biking needs .
The other thing they are known for is RVs.They also sell and repair RVs. The company has over 200 locations all over the U.S.If you love the great outdoors then this sounds like a great company that you would enjoy working for.
This is an entry level position but sounds like there is a lot of opportunity to move up within the company. Of course, not all positions within the company are remote so if you are looking to move up within the company you can check their list of locations and see if there is one near you.
What Are Work From Home Chat Jobs?
Work from home chat jobs are usually customer service based positions that help answer customer questions or provide customer service through some sort of chat feature. If you have ever visited a retail website and had a question about a product or an order you may have noticed that these days most websites offer some way to contact the company through a chat feature on their site.
For people that hate talking on the phone, I love this! This particular position with Camping World also focuses on sales so it is kind of a sales and customer service position. Chat agents usually are alerted when a customer needs assistance online and do their best to answer their questions or help them solve their problem through chat.
Work from home chat agent jobs are perfect for stay at home moms who have children old enough that they can work during the day but without the worry of those children making noise in the background like if you are working a phone customer service job from home.
Many of the times these types of positions are part-time and no guarantee of a certain number of hours per week but the position with Camping World that is currently on their website is for a full time chat position.
This obviously requires you to be available to work full time but has benefits that come with it so that great for those that need that. The position also lists that is scheduled for evenings and weekends. The pay listed for this position starts at $15 an hour.
How Do I get Hired for Work From Home Chat Jobs With Camping World?
Below is the requirements and duties for the position as listed on their website.
- Interact with our customers through inbound chats in a timely manner
- Assist customers in identifying RV’s that may fit their needs
- Improve customer experience by supporting and encouraging their decision to participate in the RV community
- Schedule RV sales appointments with our customers to meet with our dealership specialists and track in our CRM
- Assist in maintaining brand consistency by directing customers to brand specific resources
- Constantly achieves established performance goals of the position
- Identify and help solve customer issues quickly and effectively
- A commitment to customer experience and providing the best support for first time and long-time campers
- Ability to think critically and apply logical problem-solving skills
- Strong work ethic, with the ability to act independently, be self-motivated, and work within the context of a larger team-oriented environment
- Strong written skills that lend to clear and concise text-based communication
- PC keyboarding and internet experience needed. Typing speed > 50 WPM
- Ability and desire to learn about the RV & Outdoor industries.
- Past professional experience and accomplished employment history
- Ability to effectively communicate via Zoom, Microsoft Teams, email, live chat etc.
- Adaptable to constantly changing environments
- High school diploma or equivalent and/or 2 + years of customer service and/or 1-2 years related experience.
- Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus.
If after reading through the job description you think that it would be a great fit for you then you can visit the Camping World application page to begin the process. Not sure this is the right job for you and want some ideas on what other types of remote job you can find? Visit our Work From Home Companies page.