Sitel is one of the virtual call center companies out there that hires customer service agents to work from home. Right now they are hiring in many states for a position they call “home agents”. Below is the description and requirements.
* Demonstrated ability to self-manage (self discipline and self starting are critical abilities for this position)
* Demonstrated ability to perform with minimal direct supervision
* Solid PC skills to include the ability to do rudimentary troubleshooting of hardware and software
* Demonstrated ability to follow simple instructions
* Good reading comprehension and clear writing skills
* Demonstrated ability to seamlessly multi-task
* Excellent customer service and listening skills including ability to handle and de-escalate irate or irritated customers
* Excellent problem solving skills
* Good work history (3-5 years of steady employment with no “job hopping”)
* Demonstrated ability to arrive at conclusions independently
* Reliable and responsible
* Demonstrated ability to learn new skills and tasks quickly and to assimilate the learning into assigned tasks
* Desire to do this kind of work for Sitel
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Experience, Traits:
* Sales or upselling experience
* Experience working from home or in a call center environment.
* Promotability, desire to grow in career
* Willing to work a flexible schedule at home.
* Work at home agent will provide PC with XP or Windows Vista operating system (Note your work PC should not have any additional software expect for the operating system).
* Broadband Internet connection (no wireless)
* Analog land line phone with features such as call waiting and three way calling disabled while performing work for the company (no cordless & must have 2.5 plug) and platonic headset
For more information or to apply visit Sitel’s career site at
Join the Telecommuting Moms newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.