What is a virtual call center?
Virtual call centers are call centers where the agents taking the calls do not work in an office together but instead all work remotely from home. Some well-known companies such as 1800Flowers, Uhaul, Nordstrom, and Disney offer virtual call center jobs from home but still obviously have office where they house other employees.
Virtual call center companies are beneficial to both employers and employees. It allows the company to save money in several different ways and allows those looking for a remote job to work for a well established company.
Other companies such as Sitel, West at Home, and Working Solutions are actual virtual call center companies. These types of companies get contracts with other companies to run their virtual call center on their behalf.
All virtual call center companies are different. Some assign you and train you on one client and you only take calls for that client. Others require you to take calls for a wide variety of clients. Most of them are customer service based but some require upsells or some sales skills. Almost all of them are incoming phone calls but there are a couple that ask you to do some outgoing calls as well.
For this reason is important to read the job description and do your research before applying or accepting a job so you know exactly what is involved.
Would a virtual call center job be a good fit for me?
What do I do as a virtual call center agent?
How much do I get paid and what are my benefits?
Virtual Call Center Companies
- Alorica-Read our review-Become a Virtual Call Center Agent With Alorica
- 1800flowers-Read our review- 1800Flowers Work From Home
- Virtual Call Center Jobs With ACD Direct -incoming donation calls for PBS, etc., you do have to pay the fee to cover your background check if they decide to hire you-they can do this because you are a contractor not an employee. Some people do not want to do this which is totally understandable but it is a very legit company
- Accolade Support PC customer support agents- Read our review- Virtual Call Center
- Advanis-Take research surveys and perform data collection
- Make Money From Home with Amazon-customer service, inbound
- American Airlines-travel reservations
- American Express– Book travel for American Express card members
- American Support -customer service & sales, inbound & outbound
- Apple-customer service & tech support, inbound
- Home Based Call Center Jobs Working With Arise-depends on client, fees involved but company is legit
- Aspect(click on US- N/A under physical work location)
- Aspire-travel consultants, inbound & outbound
- Asurion -customer service
- Best Western Hotels– reservations
- BSG Clearing (This company does verification for sales calls-some positions are live operators who speak to someone and verify the sale and some are verifiers who listen to recordings of sales)
- Call Center 24×7-customer service and tech support
- Call Center International International virtual call center company who needs agents who speak a second language
- Call Center QA -perform mystery shops by phone
- Carnival Cruise Work From Home-take customer service or sales based phone calls
- Century Link-customer service and tech support
- Concentrix-customer service
- Contract World Jobs-inbound and outbound customer service
- Cruise.com-inbound customer service
- Customer Service Review hiring in home callers and evaluators that live in PA
- Cox Communications– customer service
- Cruise.com– customer service & sales, inbound
- Direct Interactions-customer service and tech support
- Disney Work at Home Call Center Jobs-take incoming calls for the Disney Store
- Ecallogy(only in the state of Utah at this time)
- Expert Planet-customer service
- Frontline Call Center – customer service
- GE Call Centers– customer service, inbound
- Grindstone– sales calls
- Higher One– customer service
- Hilton hires at home reservationists in Dallas and Tampa Telemarketing
- HSN(Home Shopping Network) (taking calls for items being sold on HSN)
- Infocision hiring call center agents in Ohio or West Virginia
- Intrep(some of their positions are business to business telemarketing appointment setting and lead generation, others are outgoing renewal calls to current customers)
- Intuit– customer service
- Ipsos NA– interviewers
- JLodge prefer to hire people with disabilities • http://www.specialdata.com/jobs.asp?category=5 (Florida residents only, answering incoming sales calls)
- Work From Home With Live Ops– inbound customer service
- Maritz Research– market research
- Micahtek OK residents only
- NTI Central(they hire people with disabilities to telecommute from home)
- NexRep– customer service & sales, inbound and outbound
- NextLevel Solutions– telemarketing
- Nordstrom– take incoming customer service calls
- Ocurrance– outbound sales
- Work from Home with OnPoint– advocacy coordinator positions
- Quest Diagnostics– interviewer
- Service 800– incoming customer service
- Sitel– customer service, inbound
- Smart Office Solutions– customer service
- Startek– customer service, inbound
- Starwood Hotels– reservations
- Working From Home With Sykes– clients vary may be inbound or outbound customer service
- Telcare Corp telephone survey agent, on site training in Boca Raton, FL
- Teletech-wide variety or work from home positions
- Transcom– customer service, sales & tech support, inbound
- Uhaul -customer service, inbound
- Verafast (work primarily with newspaper industry)
- VIPDesk– customer service and sales, inbound
- Westat(hire data collectors to work in their virtual call center doing research based calls)
- West At Home– customer service
- Williams Sonoma Work From Home– incoming customer service calls
- Working Solutions-customer service or sales based depending on client
- Xact Solutions– customer service, inbound- See our review at Work at Home Call Center Agent
Grab Your Free Copy of my Ebook
“Top 7 Legitimate Work from Home Jobs”
as a thank you for subscribing to the Telecommuting Moms newsletter.