1800Flowers is hiring right now for a temporary call center position through Valentines Day. They are a great company to work for and often hire their permanent employees from their temporary ones. Here is the infor from their website.
Successful candidates will meet the following qualifications:
- Must be a resident and live in the following states: Arizona, Delaware, Florida, Illinois ,Montana, New Hampshire New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Texas, Oregon, and Virginia
- Highly PC literate and have their own PC with a reliable high-speed Internet connection
- Ability to type 35 words per minute is essential
- Prior call center experience strongly preferred
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older and have a high school diploma or GED to apply
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required. Fundamental math skills required
- Strong sales skills
- Highly motivated and dependable
- Internet Connection:
- Cable or DSL provider (No Wireless or Satellite), VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) compatible.
- Minimum up load speed: 500 kbps
- Minimum download speed: 1.5 mbps
- Computer Hardware:
- 1.8 GHZ Processor ( minimum of a Pentium 4 processor or equivalent processor)
- 1 GB of RAM
- Sound card with speakers
- 17″ Flat Panel Display recommended (capable of 1280 x 1024), 15″ minimum
- Telephone Requirement:
- Dedicated telephone line with the ability to disable features such as call waiting, forwarding, etc. No cellular/wireless phones are permitted.
- Digital Telephones & VoIP Telephones are permitted as your alternate telephone lines. Services such as Magic Jack that connect through a USB port are not permitted.
- A corded telephone with headset capability. Must be a corded traditional telephone. No cordless telephone allowed.
- Headsets Requirement:
- USB headset (PC compatible) with a built-in digital signal processor has a noise-cancelling microphone
- You will also need a good quality telephone headset compatible with your land line telephone.
- Computer Software:
- Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7 Operating system
- Internet Explorer 6.0 or above
- Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Word and Excel WinZip, Adobe Acrobat reader. – Free download available on the Web
- Antivirus Software: Valid software with current and updated virus definitions
- AIM: Free download available at http://www.aim.com
- A personal email account with a professional user name.
- Office Furniture: A sturdy desk and a comfortable sturdy chair at a comfortable height with adequate back support. (5 legged chair highly recommended)
- Battery Backup: UPS/Battery Power Supply including surge
- Your workstation must be in a private, quiet area away from others in your residence and background noise.
Click here to begin the screening process.
Join the Telecommuting Moms newsletter
And receive a free copy of my ebooklet "Top 7 Work From Home Jobs"