Last week I shared my Unsuccessful Blogger's Income Report and promised I would begin sharing…
Welcome to my blogger income report for May. To check out the other income reports to see where we started from and what we have been working on you can find those here: The Unsuccessful Blogger’s Income Report.
Last month I shared what I have been working on to increase blog revenue. This month there is not a lot I have done in that area. I have been focusing more on tweaking my blog by doing the following:
- I reformatted my menu making the blog, hopefully more user friendly and easier to maneuver.
- I went back through ALL of my posts and recategorized everything. That is no small task, let me tell you.
- I also added in the “Related Posts” plugin which adds several of my blog posts that are of the same type to the bottom of each post. This will help readers find other relevant content and hopefully make them stick around on the blog longer.
- I used Peek User Testing to get free feedback on my blog which affected how I changed the menu. If you have not used this it is a great tool.
- I signed up for Infolinks to add another way to monetize my blog.
So while none of that affected revenue, besides signing for Infolinks, these are all things that in the long run will hopefully increase readership and THAT in the long run will increase revenue. I tried to break the income down a little further this month so instead of just listing earnings from affiliates, I tried to list each of the affiliates I earned money with. Some of these may work for you and your blog while others are more specific to my blog.
Moms Affiliate: $17.15
Google Adsense: 15.70
Infolinks: $3.07 ( I added this to my blog on May 26th so this revenue is for only 5 days really)
Sponsored Posts $0
No sponsored posts this month but that is to be expected. With the small niche my blog is in I don’t think I can expect to find sponsored posts every month that are a good fit for my blog and I am not willing to accept if they are not a good fit. So while my income for May seems like a little bit of a drop from April which was $251.18, I am actually pretty happy with it considering that $125.00 of my April income was from sponsored posts. My ad revenue was right around the same but my affiliate sales increased significantly. What have you been working on this month to improve your blog?
Grab Your Free Copy of my Ebook
“Top 7 Legitimate Work from Home Jobs”
as a thank you for subscribing to the Telecommuting Moms newsletter.