With the holidays quickly approaching I thought a series of blog posts on how to make a little extra cash for holiday spending would be good. Many people don’t have the time for a part-time work from home job but do find the need for some extra income from time to time. This series will cover those types of seasonal jobs, temporary gigs, and extra little things you can do to earn cash when you need it most.
For the first blog post we will focus on money making apps. I know many of you are aware of many of the apps that can be used to save you money when shopping for the holidays or anytime of the year. For those of you who like to shop from the comfort of your own home, I don’t think you can beat earning cash back with Ebates.
Some of you may not be aware that there are also apps that can earn cash. These do not require any commitment to a certain number of hours a week like most work from home jobs but instead offer a way to earn money while you are out doing the things you already do.
- Field Agent– This app uses agents to complete simple tasks while on the go. Agents find tasks based on their location, complete them, and get paid. Tasks may include taking photos of in-store products, scanning barcodes of items, gathering in-store video, verifying prices of a product, or completing field surveys. Tasks must usually be completed within two hours of accepting so check for tasks when heading out to run errands.
- Easy Shift– This app is similar to Field Agent and pays agents for completing tasks such as taking photos or recording the price of a product. Complete few of the lower paying tasks to be promoted and have access to higher paying assignments.
- ScreenPay pays smartphone users for using their phone. Your smartphone lock screen receives ads and offers based on topics you choose of interest. You can choose to ignore the ads or unlock your screen and view the promotion. Get paid $3 a month through Paypal.
- Gigwalk connects users with businesses willing to pay for completed gigs. Some need to be completed while out at different locations while others like testing apps can be done from home.
- Shopkick earns shoppers cash by offering kickbucks when consumers enter certain stores. More kickbucks can be earned for buying certain items or scanning barcodes while in the store. This app pays in points redeemable for a wide variety of gift cards that you can use for holiday shopping.
- Ibotta works similar to an electronic version of rebates. Take pictures of your receipts showing purchases of qualified items. Find items through the app that are offering rebates, purchase the items, scan the barcode, and take a picture of the receipt.