Sitel is one of the virtual call center companies out there that hires customer service agents to work from home. Right now they are hiring in many states for a position they call “home agents”. Below is the description and requirements.
* Demonstrated ability to self-manage (self discipline and self starting are critical abilities for this position)
* Demonstrated ability to perform with minimal direct supervision
* Solid PC skills to include the ability to do rudimentary troubleshooting of hardware and software
* Demonstrated ability to follow simple instructions
* Good reading comprehension and clear writing skills
* Demonstrated ability to seamlessly multi-task
* Excellent customer service and listening skills including ability to handle and de-escalate irate or irritated customers
* Excellent problem solving skills
* Good work history (3-5 years of steady employment with no “job hopping”)
* Demonstrated ability to arrive at conclusions independently
* Reliable and responsible
* Demonstrated ability to learn new skills and tasks quickly and to assimilate the learning into assigned tasks
* Desire to do this kind of work for Sitel
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Experience, Traits:
* Sales or upselling experience
* Experience working from home or in a call center environment.
* Promotability, desire to grow in career
* Willing to work a flexible schedule at home.
* Work at home agent will provide PC with XP or Windows Vista operating system (Note your work PC should not have any additional software expect for the operating system).
* Broadband Internet connection (no wireless)
* Analog land line phone with features such as call waiting and three way calling disabled while performing work for the company (no cordless & must have 2.5 plug) and platonic headset
For more information or to apply visit Sitel’s career site at
Grab Your Free Copy of my Ebook
“Top 7 Legitimate Work from Home Jobs”
as a thank you for subscribing to the Telecommuting Moms newsletter.