Many people like the idea of doing a transcription work from home job but do not have any experience. If that is you and you are a fast typist then working for Quicktate might be a great start into the work from home transcription world.
Who is Quicktate?
Quicktate is a great company to get hired with if you have no transcription experience. Transcription is a very popular work from home job and pays very well but most of the companies require experience. This is one of the fewer companies that hires inexperienced people as long as you have a fast typing speed.
What will I do for Quicktate once I am hired?
Quicktate transcribes voicemail messages, memos, letters, legal files, medical files, recordings of phone calls, conference calls and other audio files. Quicktate also audits, summarizes, evaluates and analyzes audio recordings and phone conversations. Some audio files, like voicemail messages, may average just 2-3 minutes in length, while other recordings may be significantly longer, perhaps several hours. As an independent contractor you make your own hours and the company site is open 24 hours a day. Here is what the company lists as requirements to be a contractor:
- Accurate spelling and punctuation.
- Individuals that know how to follow instructions.
- Typists that can listen to voice files and accurately type what they hear.
- Experienced and professional transcriptionists.
- Typists with their own equipment, supplies, facilities (office/ work space).
- Honesty, integrity and reliability.
- No convictions of a felony or misdemeanor on your record. (Do not proceed if you have ever been convicted)
- Take a typing quiz for each language or specialty you are interested in (examples: English, Spanish, French, Medical, etc.). You may also be given an opportunity to be tested to analyze audio files.
- Take a test to ensure you understand Quicktate's requirements.
- Depending on how you scored on your Quicktate typing test, you may qualify to be tested to also offer your services to iDictate.
Need a work at home job? if you are a fast typist, Quicktate might be a great start to your #wahm career.
How do I get hired?
They do sometimes have a wait to be hired so if you don't hear back right away be patient. Many companies like this one do not have steady hours so some people choose to work multiple work at home jobs. Be clear on how many hours you will be able to work based on the amount of work load they have so you will know what to expect as far as income. Once you get some experience doing data entry or transcription from home you will find it much easier to get the other transcription jobs. If this sounds like a good fit for you then you can visit the website to get started with the application. There is a form to fill out and then you must create an account and take a quiz to see if you qualify.
Join the Telecommuting Moms newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.